Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Creating the Xor gate from Nand gates and others


Activity 5: The instructions say to build an XOR gate, using one or more of these gates (NAND, AND, OR). I think I might stick with the NAND gates for now unless it becomes too long which I don’t think it will.
Step 1. Create the two truth tables
A
B
OUT
0
0
1
0
1
1
1
0
1
1
1
0
The XOR table The NAND table
A
B
OUT
0
0
0
0
1
1
1
0
1
1
1
0



 Step 2: Analyzing the tables to see what is the same and what is different.
Step 3: Creating the input for the NAND gates and seeing if I can get them to match.
Not working as easy this time. Trying AND and OR gates to see if I can figure it out.
if A and not B or B and not A then out = 1
Else out = 0
I got it to work now to use just Nand gates is the challenge now
After creating it with other gates making it with just Nand gates was easier. 
For some reason this was a little bit harder then the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe