Monday, March 19, 2012

Set less than or SLT

To be more MIPS compatible I need the function STL. After a lot of research and some help from cadet1620 I found from a book that I had called "Fundamentals of Logic Design 4th edition by Charles H. Roth, Jr." that STL is part of a set called a Comparator. Also I found it on this web site http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/combination/comb_8.html. The logic set does not match exactly between the two so I am going to have to figure out exactly how it works so I can add it to my ALU. Also I might have to add my functions to the CPU emulator to incorporate my additions.  More to come as I figure it out more clearly.

After looking closer I found that it is called Digital magnitude comparators. The IC that goes with it is a TTL 7 485. The logic diagram helped me understand what was need to cascade 4bit comparators.  I found the info here http://www.dauniv.ac.in/downloads/Digitalsystems_PPTs/DigDesignCh12L1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Engine Submission - AddMe